Biography Attorney S. Shane Sagheb
S. Shane Sagheb is principal of Sagheb Law & Mediation Services, P.C. For more than 30 years, Shane has provided representation, primarily in employment-related cases, to companies in a wide range of industries, such as armored transportation, finance, commercial landscaping, construction, fitness, food service, garment manufacturing, moving and storage, pharmaceutical, retail and consumer products, talent representation, technology, and telecommunications. In addition, he has represented select employees in litigation against their employers. Shane has extensive experience trying cases and arguing appeals in state and federal courts, as well as litigating before arbitration tribunals and administrative agencies, in matters such as the following:
- Class actions and single-plaintiff employment litigation arising from claims of failure to pay wages, wrongful termination, harassment, and discrimination.
- Actions alleging misappropriation of trade secrets and other forms of unfair competition.
- Proceedings before government agencies, such as the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement, the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, and the California Occupational Safety and Health Appeals Board.
In addition, Shane has counseled employers regarding employee discipline and the development and implementation of employment agreements, employee handbooks, and personnel policies.
Shane also has been active in significant pro bono legal representations. His pro bono activities in two disability access class actions, one against the San Bernardino County Superior Court system and the other involving the Los Angeles central jail, were instrumental in one of his former firm’s receiving the Disability Rights Legal Center’s prestigious Pro Bono Counsel of the Year award.
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles (J.D., 1983)
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A., 1980)
- California Federal Courts
- California State Courts
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- American Bar Association, Litigation and Labor Sections
- California Bar Association, Litigation and Labor Sections
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Litigation and Labor Sections